Napa was an absolute BLAST!
7 of us took in the sights, the GREAT weather (weather reports were totally wrong) and of course Great wine! Andy's uncle Steve is a Limo driver for http://www.nvtt.net/, so we had hook ups galore! We didnt pay for a single tasting fee, and we did all boutique wineries!! ;O
We visited 4 spots....starting with http://www.frankfamilyvineyards.com/index.jsp (my favorite on this trip). The wines here were great, the champagne was great too...we were treated to a personal tasting in the owners personal office! I splurged here and bought a really expensive bottle here, but it ws SOOOO good!
Next stop was http://www.vonstrasser.com/index.jsp this place was great, it was right on "Diamond Mountian" which is known for Cabernet grapes....the gal here gave us a private tasting right outside the tasting room on a patio overlooking the rolling hills, the owners amazing home and these two cool labs that had a life to envy! I got a few bottles here, because they honored the inner-winery discount! (Yet another perk for working in the wine industry!)
The third spot http://www.barnettvineyards.com/ was so beautiful. Upon arrival we were greated by the owners daughter with a glass of Sauv. Blanc and led up "rattlesnake hill" where the owner was slaving away pouring more wine, and making gourmet pizza in the wood burning pizza oven. This place was so pretty, the wines were only OK (I didnt buy anything here) but the views were so worth it. We picnic'd up there and just enjoyed each other's company....WOW!
So although the story is short....we spent all day out there...our last stop was at a Mexican owned winery! Great story of true rags to riches :) http://www.cejavineyards.com/ was very relaxing....we enjoyed tasting in their tasting bar in downtown Napa....(the vineyard was closed for a family graduation party) and they had so many to choose from. I bought a few bottles here, all for my mother....what a perfect place to end the tasting for the day! Big couches, a long bar...snacks etc...
To close out the day we headed back to Uncle Steves house for a bottle of 10 year old Frank Family Vineyards which was 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. OMG! It was the best champagne I have had in a long time! I cant event explain how good this was!
I am so excited to have had another successfull venture out to Napa. I work and live in the Livermore Wine Country, so it was a nice change of pace and scenery!
Anyone wanna commit to booking another one?! Im down!
1 comment:
Gosh I am just so darn jealous! It looked so beautiful!
Post a Comment