Thursday, April 2, 2009

April is here?!

My goodness where has March gone? I am so excited! My mom called Tuesday and was able to get an inexpensive flight into town arriving TODAY! Woo-Hoo! We are so excited....it was abviously totally un-expected. So we are thrilled. Unfortunaltey it will be a short visit. She leaves Monday :( But since she decided to go back to work (after nearly 1 full year off) she wanted to see us (ok...Hayden) one more time before returning to work lifestyles.

We had a fun weekend. We had a group of nearly 35 people all get together for a private winetasting at Elliston Vineyards. www.Elliston.com I used to work there, so it was cool to be back and see it again. I bought the famous California champagne (notice the C on champagne is NOT capitalized!) and a really interstingly spicy Merlot. I think the merlot will go great with Thai food or something spicy! It worked out well, those who didnt drink stayed outside with the kids, and those that wanted to cruise the mansion was free to do so. Best of all, alot of us stayed and pic-nic'ed outside on the lawn. Andy's parents were also able to join us so that was great!!

Since I gave up drinking for lent....I only tasted a little bit and then I was the DD for my cousin Jessey and my girlfriend Lisette (who was visiting from L.A.) Hayden too of course :) We hit up LVC (www.lvcwines.com) and Bodegas Aguirre (www.bodegasaguirre.com) which is one of my favorites!

Lisette took some photos, so I will post them right away....

1 comment:

Jessiedc28 said...

I so love Elliston...